Teen Pop-Culture Quiz Update # 40
1. Match the artist(s) on the left with their recent hit on the right:
1. Daft Punk w/ Pharrell Williams a. “Mirrors”
2. Imagine Dragons b. “Can’t Hold Us”
3. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis & Ray Dalton c. “Get Lucky”
4. Bruno Mars d. “Radioactive”
5. Justin Timberlake e. “Treasure”
2. Miley Cyrus has gotten lots of polarized opinions about the video for her hit song “We Can’t Stop.” It’s selling and lots of people love the song, but lots of people hate the video. Steering clear of the controversial imagery, what hot new lip balm did she surely raise to new height by prominently featuring in the video?
a. Burt’s Bees Eucalyptus
c. Nivea Sparkle
3. Due to some fortuitous timing, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis’s hot single has become an anthem for the recent Supreme Court successes for GLBTQ rights and same sex marriage. What is the name of the song?
4. Following an amazingly slow, but steady ascent on the charts, Anna Kendrick’s song “Cups” has now cracked the top 10 on the Billboard Hot 100 Chart. The song originated in a movie released last year. What movie was it?
a. Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn
c. Pitch Perfect
d. What to Expect When You’re Expecting
5. Guillermo del Toro’s latest work is the hottest movie of the summer. Humankind’s epic battle with monstrous sea creatures is called:
a. Atlantic Fringe
b. Oriental Edge
c. Pacific Periphery
d. Pacific Rim
6. Joining the ranks of other b-movie made for TV crazy train films like Snakes on a Plane, Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter is this recent Syfy Channel movie that already has a sequel in the works:
b. Sand Sharks
7. Taking reality TV to the next level, which show recently release “watch n’ sniff” cards to be used during their season premier?
a. My Cat From Hell
b. Keeping Up With the Kardashians
c. Here Comes Honey Boo Boo
d. Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives
8. Match the couple on the left with their new baby on the right:
1. Kim & Kanye a. Ace Knute
2. Jessica Simpson b. Penelope Joan
3. Anna Chlumsky c. Cricket Pearl
4. Busy Phillips d. North West
9. In early July, Emma Roberts was arrested for domestic violence against her boyfriend. Who is her boyfriend?
a. Robert Pattinson
b. Lane Garrison
c. Evan Peters
10. The shocking and sad death of Glee’s Cory Monteith came to a tragic close when it was revealed he died from a deadly combination of:
a. Painkillers and alcohol
b. Heroin and alcohol
c. Cocaine and ecstasy
d. Alcohol and cocaine
11. Rolling Stone magazine has gotten lots of heat, and their latest issue has been banned from a number of retailers because they put who on the cover?
Give yourself five points for each correct answer. Each component of a multiple choice question counts as one point. A perfect score is 54
44 – 54 Holy cow, you get to be at the hospital when the new British Royal Baby is born!
35-43 Congratulations, you won the work pool for William & Kate’s baby due date!
25-34 You have been standing outside for days and you’re sure to see something… right?
0-24 7 days late and at the wrong hospital.
1: 1c, 2d, 3b, 4e, 5a; 2b; 3 Same Love; 4c; 5d; 6d; 7c; 8: 1d, 2a, 3b, 4c; 9c; 10b; 11 Boston Bombing Suspect / Dzhokhar Tsarnaev
Erin Helmrich is a teen and IT/production librarian at the Ann Arbor District Library in Michigan. She has the perfect job with lots of time with kids and teens plus she gets to play with pop-culture through programs, large-scale events, social media, digital publishing, and gaming. Her book, Create, Relate, and Pop @ the Library: Services and Programs for Teens & Tweens (Neal-Schuman), was published in 2011. She’s currently obsessed with swimming, salads, Mochimochi Land and her new fairy garden. Contact Helmrich at email@example.com.