VOYA TEEN POP-CULTURE QUIZ UPDATE #50
- Which Midwestern based clothing chain released an app called “Swipe-a-Sweater’ to make it easier to secure the best ugly holidays sweater that money can buy?
- Urban Outfitters
- Every year, there has to be a hot toy for the holiday gift season and this year is no exception! Which toy below is not the must have for 2016?
- Num Noms Lipgloss Truck
- Selfie-Mic Music set
- Slimeball Drone
- England’s Prince Harry is reportedly dating an American actress. Meghan Markle is an actress on what show?
- House of Cards
- Match the couple on the left with their baby’s name on the right:
- Blac Chyna and Rob Kardashian 1. Journey River
- Kevin and Danielle Jonas 2. Daisy Josephine
- Olivia Wilde and Jason Sudeikis 3. Dream Renee
- Kerry Washington and Nnamdi Asomugha 4. Valentina Angelina
- Megan Fox and Brian Austin Green 5. Caleb Kelechi
FLIX & TV
- Once again, NBC is hosting a LIVE musical event with Hairspray this holiday season. There’s a newcomer in Tracy’s role. Who isn’t in the show with her?
- Jennifer Hudson
- Ariana Grande
- Derek Hough
- Queen Latifah
- Dave Chappelle hosted Saturday Night Live and brought back several beloved Chappelle’s show characters in a Walking Dead mash-up. Which of his infamous characters didn’t appear in the skit?
- Silky Johnson
- Clayton Bigsby
- Chuck Taylor
- Lil Jon
- Tron Carter
- Martha Stewart and Snoop Dogg turned their unlikely chemistry into a regular thing with Martha & Snoop’s Potluck Dinner Party! What TV channel is it on?
- Comedy Central
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them is keeping Harry Potter fans very happy! Who plays Newt Scamander?
- Benedict Cumberbatch
- Eddie Redmayne
- Robert Pattison
- Jude Law
- David Thewlis
- After a year of highs and lows, Kanye West abruptly canceled the remaining twenty-one dates of his Saint Pablo tour. He was immediately hospitalized. Which of the following was a topic of one of his last rants before he pulled the plug?
- I didn’t vote but if I did, ‘I would have voted for Trump’
- He will run for president in 2020
- To black people ‘. . . stop focusing on racism. The world is racist, OK?’
- “Beyonce don’t like Kim and I’m OUT!”
- Match the artist on the right with their latest single on the right:
- Hailee Stainfeld & Grey w/Zedd 1. “Closer”
- Weeknd w/Daft Punk 2. “Side to Side”
- R.A.M. w/Lil Yachty 3. “Starving”
- Ariana Grande w/Nicki Minaj 4. “Black Beatles”
- The Chainsmokers w/Halsey 5. “Broccoli”
- Rae Sremmurd w/Gucci Mane 6. “Starboy”
Give yourself five points for each correct answer. Each component of a multiple choice question counts as one point. A perfect score is 51.
41-51 You are GOAT
31-40 You have pop-culture GOALS and they are serving you well!
21-30 Don’t be salty; you’ll do better next time.
1c; 2e; 3c; 4: a3, b4, c2, d5, e1; 5d; 6e; 7c, 8b; 9d; 10: a3, b6, c5, d2, e1, f4
Erin Helmrich is a teen and production librarian at the Ann Arbor District Library in Michigan. She’s fortunate to get to use her love of pop-culture via programs, large-scale events, contests, social media, digital publishing, developing collections, and gaming. Her book, Create, Relate and Pop @ the Library: Services and Programs for Teens and Tweens, was published in 2011. She is currently obsessed with the Gilmore Girls reboot, staying sane post election, and breaking in her new hiking shoes. Contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org.