Teen Pop-Culture Quiz Update #51
- Match the hot single on the right with the performer on the left:
- Zayn Malik & Taylor Swift 1. “Green Light”
- Ed Sheeran 2. “That’s What I Like”
- Lourde 3. “Passionfruit”
- Bruno Mars 4. “Shape of You”
- Drake 5. “I Feel It Coming”
- The Weeknd w/Daft Punk 6. ”I Don’t Wanna Live Forever”
- After accusations of sampling, Ed Sheeran quietly added Kandi Burruss and Tameka Cole as co-writers on the credits for his hit Shape of You. Burruss and Cole wrote which 1999 song?
- TLC’s “No Scrubs”
- 702’s “Where My Girl’s At”
- Britney Spears’ “Baby One More Time”
- Jennifer Lopez’s “If You Had My Love”
- The celebrity babies keep coming! Match the parents on the left with their baby name on the right?
- Pink & Carey Hart 1. Beau
- Natalie Portman & Benjamin Millepied 2. Golden Sagon
- Katherine Heigl & Josh Kelley 3. Jameson Moon
- Nick Cannon & Brittany Bell 4. Joshua Bishop
- Tori Spelling & Dean McDermott 5. Amalia
- The Tina Fey scripted movie Mean Girls is being converted to a YA novel for a September release. Who is the author?
- Nicola Yoon
- Micol Ostow
- Jennifer Donnelly
- Jay Asher
- With names like “Barely Legal” and “Virginity,” which Kardashian sisters’ blush line upset Twitter with their names?
- Nintendo released a new handheld game system that can be used as a console at home and be taken on the go. What’s it called?
b. Classic Mini
c. Nvidia GTX
- Crayola decided to use it’s annual Crayon Day to announce the retirement of which color?
- Sunset Orange
- The reboot of The Power Rangers movie stars mostly newcomers. Who isn’t one of the new Rangers?
- Dacre Montgomery
- Naomi Scott
- Becky G
- Ki Hong Lee
- Which Disney animated movie hasn’t had a live-action remake (yet)?
- Sleeping Beauty
- Alice in Wonderland
- Snow White
- The Jungle Book
10. The hit TV show Riverdale is not your grandma’s Archie story! Archie has an affair with a teacher and is no longer best friends with who?
Give yourself five points for each correct answer. Each component of a multiple choice question counts as one point. A perfect score is 51:
45-51 High five you know your stuff!
35-44 Good job you keep up with trends!
25-34 You need more screen time!
0-24 Sorry you must read too many classics!
1:a6, b4, c1, d2, e3, f5; 2a; 3:A3, b5, c4, d2, e1; 4b; 5c; 6d; 7a; 8d; 9d; 10a
Erin Helmrich is a teen and production librarian at the Ann Arbor District Library in Michigan. She’s fortunate to get to use her love of pop-culture via programs, large-scale events, contests, social media, digital publishing, developing collections, and gaming. Her book, Create, Relate and Pop @ the Library: Services and Programs for Teens and Tweens, was published in 2011. She is currently obsessed with road trips, yoga, the return of Southern Charm and The Real Housewives of NYC, and the arrival of spring. Contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org.