1. Match the performer on the left with their hit on the right:
a. Kendrick Lamar 1. “Despacito”
b. Post Malone featuring Quavo 2. “Issues”
c. Bruno Mars 3. “Unforgettable”
d. Julia Michaels 4. “Humble”
e. Luis Fonsi and Daddy Yankee feat Justin Bieber 5. “Congratulations”
f. French Montana featuring Swae Lee 6. “That’s What I Like”
2. Katy Perry is asking her fans to donate supplies or volunteer their time to which organization for chances to win tickets and VIP access to her at a concert?
a. The Boys and Girls Club b. The Red Cross c. The Sierra Club d. The Humane Society
3. It’s raining babies! Match the parents on the left with their offspring on the right:
a. Beyonce and Jay-Z 1. Jack Oscar
b. George and Amal Clooney 2. Caiden Zane
c. Jason Statham and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley 3. Ella and Alexander
d. Ryan Lochte and Kayla Rae Reid 4. Charlie Wolf
e. Zooey Deschanel and husband Jacob Pechenik 5. Rumi and Sir
4. Match the couple on the left with their current status on the right:
a. JLo and A-Rod 1. Dating!
b. Selena Gomez and the Weeknd 2. Married!
c. Casey Affleck and Summer Phoenix 3. Divorcing!
d. Kate Mara and Jamie Bell
e. Sophie Turner and Joe Jonas
5. Match the actor on the left with the movie they’re in this summer on the right:
1. Charlize Theron a. Wonder Woman
2. Cara Delevingne b. Baby Driver
3. Tom Holland c. Atomic Blonde
4. Ansel Elgort d. Dunkirk
5. Fionn Whitehead e. Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets
6. Gal Gadot f. Spider-Man: Homecoming
6. The new Mattel line of dolls – Enchantimals – are inspired by lenses from which popular app?
a. Instagram b. Tumblr c. Snapchat d. Twitter
7. Halo Top is now the most popular pint of ice cream – largely due to its low-calorie count. Which isn’t one of their seventeen flavors?
a. Red Velvet b. Lemon Cake c. Mint Chip d. Key Lime Pie
8.Which national youth organization issued an official apology after President Trump spoke at an annual event and incited the audience of young people to boo former President Obama?
a. The Girls Scouts b. The Boy Scouts c. The Boys and Girls Club d. YMCA
9. Netflix’s hit show Stranger Things returns for a second season on Friday, October 27. One of the biggest mysteries that fans hope is answered is what happened to whom?
a. Nancy b. Millie c. Barb d. Karen
10.On a recent episode of Game of Thrones Season 7, who made a surprise appearance singing a special song?
a. Ed Sheeran b. Harry Styles c. Calvin Harris d. Jake Bugg
Give yourself five points for each correct answer. Each component of a multiple-choice question counts as one point. A perfect score is 52:
42 – 52 You caught a wave and you’re in the curl!
32-41 Nice work riding the face!
22-40 Oops, you almost got one, but you got snaked!
0-21 Wipe out!
1:a4, b5, c6, d2, e1, f3; 2a; 3:a5, b3, c1, d2, e4; 4:a1, b1, c3, d2, e1; 5: 1c, 2e, 3f, 4b, 5d, 6a; 6c; 7d; 8b; 9c; 10a
Erin Helmrich is a teen and production librarian at the Ann Arbor District Library in Michigan. She’s fortunate to get to use her love of pop-culture via programs, large-scale events, contests, social media, developing collections, and publishing. Her book, Create, Relate and Pop @ the Library: Services and Programs for Teens and Tweens, was published in 2011. She is currently obsessed with her community garden plot, the return of Game of Thrones and strawberry ice cream. Contact her at email@example.com.