VOYA Magazine seeks student voices and perspectives to add to the VOYA Advisory Board by seeking two current student members to serve one-year terms beginning January 1, 2018.
- Currently enrolled in an ALA-accredited MLIS program, halfway or more through coursework with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Completion of at least one YA services course or demonstration of practical experience in YA services
- Able to commit to a full calendar-year appointment
- Strong technical skills for conducting research and using social media platforms
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Desire to serve YAs in some capacity upon finishing MLIS degree
- Demonstration of YA service experience (such as current professional position, volunteer activities, internships, or involvement in a YA service group such as YALSA or the YA Division of a state or regional library association)
- Bring student voice to VAB meetings
- Conduct research
- Coordinate recruitment of future student VAB members
- Gain practical experience serving on an advisory board and develop invaluable contacts with professionals in the field of YA services
- Write reflection of your experiences as a VOYA Student Advisory Board Member to be published in December or February issue of VOYA
How to Apply
Send your resume, cover letter, and two letters of recommendation (one from a professor or practitioner of YA services) to VOYA Editor-in-Chief, RoseMary Ludt at firstname.lastname@example.org  by November 1, 2017.